Monday, October 29, 2012

How to fix missing MSVCR71.dll


How to fix missing MSVCR71.dll problem in Windows

I am using Windows 7, and I’m lacking MSVCR71.dll which is Microsoft Visual C Runtime library when using sendmail, the PostgreSQL PHP connector and curl. The MSVCR71.dll is probably bundled with .NET Framework 1.1 or something, but I couldn’t get those to install successfuly.

The program can't start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this program.
The program can’t start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this program.

So how do I solve it:
  1. Download MSVCR71.dll from dll-files.com. (It is free.)
  2. Unzip
  3. Place MSVCR71.dll into C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you using a 64-bit Windows.
And sendmail now works for me already in Windows 7.
By the way, I only tested this in Windows 7 64-bit. I assumed it would work for other versions of Windows. I would appreciate it if you could feedback to me if it works on your version of Windows. :)

Additions

It is reported working for Windows 7 32-bit as well.

0 Cabineters!:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More